Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From the Edge with Peter Lik Photo Contest Winner

© Greg Clure Photography

That's right, my "Playa de Verde" image is the Week 9 Winner - California Coast in The Weather Channel's From the Edge with Peter Lik Photo Contest. Peter makes the following comment about my image, "I love the way this shot leads your eye into the horizon. It's a wonderfully composed photograph and I like the contrast between the foreground and the flaring sunlight in the distance. The slow shutter speed works nicely to showcase the movement of the ocean's water. This photograph is very painterly and really speaks to the viewer."  You can watch "From the Edge with Peter Lik"on The Weather Channel, every Thursday at 9 PM EST (8 Central) or 6 PM PST. Also if you happen to catch a re-run of Week 10, you will see my image featured as the last week's photo contest winner.

This image is also my featured image of the month and all Registered users can receive a 20% discount on this image during the month of June 2011.  Not a register user?  Simply click on the Register button in menu of my website, fill out the form, and you will start receiving monthly discount offers, news and updates from Greg Clure Photography.

2 comments:

  1. this is a remarkable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how beautiful this photo is! When I saw it I thought it was one of Peter's! TERRIFIC!

    ReplyDelete